In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we’ve now got this nifty information to help you decide if we are going to allow us to send you info through the email. We need to be able to explain this clearly and concisely, so we took to the Intertubes and dug up this list of pertinent questions to answer for your piece of mind.
So what information are we collecting?
We just want your email mate.
Who is collecting it?
Wittin Limited is a startup that desperately wants to send details out to people through email and we’d love it if you’d let us.
How is it being collected?
Well, the actual details of information transmission over the internet and the digital data stored in databases is kind of boring. Let’s suffice it to say that if you put your email in the form it will go to a MailChimp list that we use to then contact you.
Why is it being collected?
Because without your email address we can’t send you an email.
How will it be used?
These questions are getting repetitive now. It will be used to send you emails at fairly distant intervals detailing information about Wittin and our activities.
Who will it be shared with?
Now, this is like the TSA question you get at airports about did you pack your own bag. Actually, as this information goes to live in a MailChimp list we are technically sharing it with them. We do that for the convenience of sending emails. After that, we believe that people who share details with advertisers should be disciplined harshly.
What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
Now here’s a question I can get behind. You will be amazed at all the cool things that Wittin are doing. So amazed that you’ll definitely stop what you’re doing and dance a jig. Or if a jig isn’t your thing you can come hang out with us as we attempt to put some citizen might behind public sector data analysis.
Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
Now I’m not sure why this question is here. It’s kind of like asking a criminal, “Did you do this crime?” Everyone is going to say, “No.” But to answer it, we do not believe it will cause people to object. Our goals are to improve public services for all citizens, I’m sure someone out there could possibly complain, but hopefully, that fella doesn’t want to subscribe to our newsletter. Our newsletters can get a bit raucous sometimes, but unless you’re Mary Whitehouse we should be just dandy.
Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Wittin’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 21 Wellgate Street, Newport-On-Tay, Fife, DD6 8HS. Our company registration number is SC530660 registered in Scotland. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed.
This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user. This allows the website to provide the users with a tailored experience.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion. In doing so they provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process. However, we advise users using the form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer. We also assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates. This is only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website do not verify or guarantee the contents of any externally linked website. Users click on external links at their own risk. This website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms.
This website may use social sharing buttons. Users are advised that they use such social sharing buttons at their own discretion. Note that social media platforms may track and save your request to share a web page respectively.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls.
Users are advised to exercise good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking. Therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages caused by visiting any shortened links.